Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Weaving



I went to the Maryland Sheep & Wool festival this year (as I do every year!), but this year I came home with more than just yarn. Well, I came home with a lot of yarn, too. But I bought myself a Schacht Flip 25" rigid heddle loom with the intention of teaching myself how to weave. Long story short, warping a loom is a lot of work and more than a little confusing. I signed myself up for Angela Tong's Rigid Heddle weaving class on http://www.craftsy.com/ and started my first scarf.


Obviously, my selvages are terrible, but I had a lot of fun learning to weave. This scarf used the leftover Kureyon from my Paintbox Log Cabin blanket. I had too many beautiful colors to throw away, so this was the perfect way to use them up. I only made the scarf 60 inches long, which is a little too short to be practical. More knowledge for next time! More project notes are located on Ravelry.



No comments:

Post a Comment